Sunday, January 9, 2011

Stretching it Out

See full size imageWouldn't it be nice if Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's weren't all squeezed in together in 5 weeks?  I'm thinking it would be great if Thanksgiving was in Nov, Christmas in Jan, and New Year's in March.  What do you think?  That way, it wouldn't all be a whirlwind of activity and then nothing...  This goes in the same bucket as my idea to have 36 hour days (so, yes, spinning the world a bit slower), where we legally could not work a longer day.  I know, your wondering where I get such fabulous and very realistic ideas.

I started thinking about spacing the holidays out as we took down the Christmas decorations the other day. There should be special elves that come by and take down the Christmas decorations.  It's just too depressing somehow, right?  Does anyone have a way of getting through all the clean-up without feeling bummed?

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree more - in fact, I expressed the same wish to Brent a few weeks ago. 3 fun things that make winter bearable and then NOTHING. Just cold for 3 more months. I like your plan!! :)

    And yes, it's so depressing to take down all of the decorations! :(

    ReplyDelete