Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Lucky

I don't generally consider myself a lucky person. That is, unless you are talking about parking, and then I tend to get rock start parking a lot of the time, so I definitely have considerable love from the parking Gods. If you were able to choose the areas of your life to be lucky in though, I don't think many people would choose parking necessarily.  I'm not complaining though...

do, however, have luck in the friends department and I would self select that as a "lucky choice" again and again. Somehow I stumble on some of the greatest people out there and convince them to be my friends.  That's lucky! I recognize that my friends are so dear to me that  I really consider them part of my family. 

This past week, my luck in choosing good friends also brought me some fabulous materials benefits.  We could all use some of that every now and then, right? On Tuesday, our fabulous nanny, Trish, and her husband, Kevin, gifted me a super duper camera lens that I have been drooling over for months.  Just out of the blue they decided to give it to me.  Shocked, right?  I was too and so overwhelmed by the generosity.  I am still in shock and amazement and loving my new lens too!

I was double lucky on the friends front this week as I also won something on my friend Heather's blog-- a case of Pop Chips.  I mean who wins things like that?  I definitely don't.  I've never actually tried Pop Chips, but just the sound of them gets me excited.  Besides, you can't complain about free food sent from a friend.

So, I had to share as I realize that not every week is this lucky for me, but I do recognize that my good fortune in the friends department is really what brings me this type of week.  Thanks to all my dear friends for all you do to support me and share in my crazy life. I am certain that I am who I am because of all of you! Now that's lucky!

1 comment:

  1. Well, let me say that people who ARE great friends attract good friends themselves. :) How exciting about your lens!!!!! Which one?? And I absolutely love pop chips! Yum. Hope you're all doing well. Have an awesome time trying out your lens with the C fam next week!!! miss you!

    ReplyDelete