Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Paci Tales


Many of you may know that weaning a paci is not easy.  Finn started to get a rash or some sort of irritation around his mouth, so we decided to take his paci away. Since we took away his only way to soothe himself (it's like we've fed the paci addiction). Finn didn't know how to put himself to sleep.  First he started by asking us to snuggle with him.  That was cute, but we couldn't stay with him for the whole nap/night.  Then, the following ensued:

Finn gets out of bed and runs to the top of the stairs.  "Hey mommy. Hey mommy," he says.
"Yes Finny."
"Mommy, it stinks up here."
"It stinks up there?"
"Yes, it stinks.... Someone pooped in my bed."
Hmmmm. I'm laughing as I run upstairs wondering what could possibly be in his bed.
There's no poop in his bed.  Nothing. 
This repeats 3-4 more times, encouraging either Patrick or I to come up stairs each time. I'm crying I'm laughing so hard by the 4th time.  Each time he says it completely seriously.
More funny stories later. 
Oh and BTW - we gave him his paci back after the emergency room visit.  We decided it was too much to do at once. Suckers!

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite pics of Ryan (which probably prompted hasty removal of paci from his life) is him at about 3 years old, shirtless, with TWO pacifiers in his mouth at the same time.

    I also remember him pushing it to his back teeth, Groucho Marx-cigar-style, to talk.

    These were all clues to me that the time had come to bid farewell to the paci.

    Hope Finny can get through the transition okay!

    ReplyDelete