Monday, March 22, 2010

Tribute to GiGi Funari

We lost dear GiGi Funari this past week. 89 pretty amazing years. 

I know I feel lucky that our kids were able to meet and know her. I've heard stories about how much of a spit-fire she was in her prime and I know she truly lived life to its fullest. She leaves an awesome legacy-- a family who knows the importance of supporting one another, loving one another and unconditionally being there for one another. I know I feel lucky to be part of such an incredible family. I'm sorry that our entire family was not able to make the trip to attend her service and funeral, but I know that those there celebrated her life and shared stories in her memory, and said their official good-byes in person.

With a very heavy heart we send our love to GiGi from Maine. We already miss you!

GiGi Funari holding Lexi (November 2005)


Four generations  - GiGi, Cathy, Patrick and Alexia (9 weeks old) - November 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment