Thursday, July 23, 2009

Growing Up



Lexi is growing, growing up. I don't just mean she's getting taller. She's getting wiser and funnier and more savvy by the day. Yesterday on a drive in the car she looked at Heath and then made a frustrated face. I turned back and said, "What Lex, what's the matter?" She said, with her arms crossed and a pouty face, "I just wish Heath would grow-up so I can play with him."

And then there are the funny things she says, just because she's still learning that remind us that maybe she's not too grown-up yet...

Lexi says, "the dress with the up sleeves" (the short sleeved dress), "Finny's all mixed-up shirt" (tie-die shirt), "the sky is white and fuzzy" (It's foggy outside).

The last pretty funny, maybe scary thing our almost 4 year old does is ask whether the Jonas brothers will be on every time we see the Today's show since she once saw them on the show. Isn't she too young to like the Jonas brothers?

2 comments:

  1. No one is ever too young or too old to like the Jonas Brothers, or so I've heard. Perhaps I'm just being "paranoid"...
    Greetings from PA!
    Love,
    Dana and BJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to start using the term 'up sleeves.' It's brilliant.

    ReplyDelete